DIY Travel Treat Bag

by - October 03, 2014


At the end of August we went camping with some friends and it was a bit of a drive to get to our destination. In hoping that the car ride went smoothly, I made each of our kiddos a travel bag and filled it with coloring packs and treats.

I just used some scraps and attempted to make a tutorial, but I was having difficulties putting them together myself with the layers I added! So I decided I better not try to tell someone else how to do it if I was barely able to pull it off! But for the well-accustomed sewer, one bag wouldn't take more than an hour.

I was thinking these bags would not only be great for individualized car ride activities, but could also be used for church or the upcoming LDS General Conference. It's hard for kids to sit through 4 hours (or 8 hours) of old men talking, but with activities they're able to hold their attention much longer. I know I loved having crossword puzzles or bingo card activities to do during conference when I was a kid.


She loves her "purse".

You May Also Like

0 comments